Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Caught V for Vendetta in school today during free period! Definitely didn't disappoint me, though the video did. Audio was lagging behind by 11 seconds so I had to pay very close attention to every single visual detail to match the laggy audio.



Julie London - Cry me a River



There were so many quotes I loved, I actually typed them out in my sms drafts.



Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe



V: Your own father said that artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie, but because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.
Evey
: No...
V
: What was true in that cell is just as true now. What you felt in there has nothing to do with me.
Evey
: I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING ANYMORE!
V
: Don't run from it, Evey. You've been running all your life.
Evey
: [gasping] I can't... can't breathe... Asthma... When I was little... [collapses while V catches her]
V: Listen to me, Evey. This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it. They took your parents from you. They took your brother from you. They put you in a cell and took everything they could take except your life. And you believed that was all there was, didn't you? The only thing you had left was your life, but it wasn't, was it?
Evey: Oh... please...
V
: You found something else. In that cell, you found something that mattered more to you than life. Because when they threatened to kill you unless you gave them what they wanted... you told them you'd rather die. You faced your death, Evey. You were calm. You were still. Try to feel now what you felt then.




Evey: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can, I’m not questioning your powers of observation, I’m merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey: Oh, right.



(I wish I could speak like V!)



Well anyway, everybody I know who watched this movie liked the ending, which was this:


Ending for V for Vendetta



Sadly, I didn't get to appreciate it because the audio was LAGGING BY 11 SECONDS so the music wasn't really in sync with the explosions. Ah, at least I get to appreciate it now with much thanks you youtube.




Goodness, its time for bed.

So much more I need to say.

but its 10 minutes to bed and no more, no less. GOODNIGHT, GOODNIGHT. Shall listen to Cry me a river to sleep :D

No comments: